We offer scholarships to STARS who have graduated from high school, attained the Kenya Certificate of Secondary Education and demonstrated integrity, personal responsibility and servant-leadership. We provide a full-potential scholarship for them to attain a degree and practical training in various courses of study. $130,000 in higher education scholarships have been awarded to date allowing 15 STARS to graduate. All of them are working, many are married and many are serving their communities and other orphans.
Below are examples of STARS who have received college scholarships.
- Beryl â€“ BSc in Secondary Education Business and Christian and Religious Education. She is currently teaching high school.
- Christine â€“ Diploma in Community Development. Christine owns a small retail kiosk.
- Charles A. â€“ Certificate in Journalism. Charles A. is a nonprofit trainer and administrator.
- Charles L. â€“ Pursuing a Diploma in Electronic and Electrical Engineering at Kisumu Polytechnic.
- Derrick â€“ Diploma in Management. Derrick is an inspirational speaker for primary and high school students.
- Fredrick â€“ BSc in Secondary Education History. Fredrick is teaching high school.
- George â€“ Certificate in Electricity. George is working in maintenance and administration.
- Gordon â€“ Diploma in Pharmacy. Gordon is a pharmaceutical company sales rep and financially supports his younger brother in attending high school.
- Humphrey â€“ BSc in Secondary Education Geography. Humphrey is teaching high school.
- Kevin â€“ BSc in Electronic and Electrical Engineering.
- Martha â€“ Diploma in Community Development.
- Moses â€“ Diploma in Pharmacy. Moses is a self-employed pharmacist and supports an orphan in elementary school.
- Patricia â€“ Pursuing a Diploma in Information Technology at Kenya Technical Teachers College.
- Steve â€“ Diploma in Pharmacy. Steve is a pharmacist at a private hospital and entrepreneur in his hotme village.
In addition to these young men and women, several other graduates from the STARS high school program are pursuing college degrees.
Help Fund Scholarships
Educate one, orphan, change many lives. Enable a bright and committed orphan to receive a high school education. Or, support one of our high school graduates to pursue higher education.Your generous financial support enables STARS Children Africa to fulfill its mission to educate and mentor orphans to become servant-leaders.
100% of your donation goes to educate the STARS .